I am involved in the following research projects of the LTG group:
- Algebraic and logical aspects of knowledge processing
- Computational proof theory
- Logic and computation
- Logic and information
Editing and Reviewing
I am in the editorial board of The Journal of Symbolic Logic and in the consulting board of Dialectica, reviewer for Mathematical Reviews and Zentralblatt MATH as well as referee for various journals and conferences in logic and theoretical computer science.
I am a member of the following societies:
- Association for Symbolic Logic ASL
- Deutsche Vereinigung für Mathematische Logik und Grundlagen der exakten Wissenschaften DVMLG
- Association Computability in Europe CiE
- Swiss Society of Logic and Philosophy of Sciences SSLPS; from 2001-2009 I was the secretary of the SSLPS; from 2010-2013 I acted as the president of the society
- Swiss Computer Science Society SI
I have been involved as a co-organizer of the following events:
- Advances in Proof Theory, University of Berne, December 2013
- Turing under Discussion, Annual Meeting 2012 of the SSLPS, ETH Zurich, October 2012.
- Explicit paradigms in Logic and Computer Science, Bern, Swizterland, July 2012.
- Workshop on Recent Trends in Proof Theory WPT '08, Bern, Switzerland, July 2008.
- Logic Collquium LC '08, European Summer Meeting of the Association for Symbolic Logic, Bern, Switzerland, July 2008
- Computer Science Logic CSL '07, Annual Meeting of the European Association for Computer Science Logic EACSL, Lausanne, Switzerland, September 2007
- Special Session on Proofs and Computation, Computability in Europe CiE 2006, Swansea, Wales, 2006
- Annual meeting of the SSLPS Modern uses of lambda calculi, Berne, October 2004
- Annual meeting of the SSLPS Logic and the Net, Münchenwiler, October 2003
- Annual meeting of the SSLPS Logic and Complexity, Berne, October 2001
- International Conference on Logic and Complexity, Symposium in honor of the 150th birthday of Erwin Engeler + Ernst Specker, Münchenwiler, February 2000
- International Workshop on Applicative Theories and Explicit Mathematics WATEM ’96, Berne, 1996
- International Workshop on Applicative Theories, Berne, 1994